As an early thought leader in the use of technology for associations, Carol Stambaugh used her position as the Executive Director for the Arizona Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers to improve software systems. One of the few women on the cutting edge of website development in the early days of the internet, she was asked by an emerging web development company to partner on building one of the first content management systems within the association environment.
As a technology expert, Carol consulted with NASW Chapters throughout the country. Key achievements include creating online task management systems, improving web modules and tools, ongoing development of database management tools, and involvement in application development. With more than a decade of high-level experience in conceptualization and execution oversight of technology platforms, Carol decided to start Tech Tools, LLC, a company that strives to assist small to medium sized organizations to improve efficiency and profitability through the use of technology.
Carol holds a BSW from Texas Christian University, an MSW from the University of Kansas and is a Certified Association Executive (CAE), conferred by the American Society of Association Executives. She currently is an adjunct professor at Arizona State University.
Awards and Affiliations
- 2004 National Association of Social Workers; Outstanding Chapter Executive Director
- 2009 Arizona Society of Association Executives; Executive of the Year
- Phoenix WordPress Developers, Designers and Users Group; Co-Organizer
- Past President of the Arizona Society of Association Executives
- National NASW Committee Member; established first Technology Standards for Social Work Practice